It would be nice to have common terminology for paper surfaces.

Some of the products my company makes are membrane switch panels for domestic, medical and industrial equipment. The outer graphic layer of these is usually printed onto polyester with a surface treatment. This treatment is denoted by the percentage gloss level. The three main types we use are 92 (high gloss), 60 (anti-glare) and 40 (matt). The 60 is similar to Ilford's pearl.

A similar system to this where each manufacturer's rated paper conformed to the same standard would be helpful.