Dear Bill !!

Does your formular really works ?? Did you have made paper-prints in your lab or measured the whole think throught??
Just asking because I still work about another variation with is considerably more concentrated and will do it within the usual 3:15 minutes.

Coming from

Tab water 800 ml
Calgon 2.5g
Potassium carbonate (anhy) 37.5g
Sodium sulfite (anhy) 4.3g
Sodium bromide 1.4 g
Potassium iodide 1.2 mg (!)
Hydroxylaminsulfate 2.0 g
CD-4 4.5 g
Water to make 1.0 Litre
ph should be around 10.04 - 10.07

In small fraktions I increased the Iodide up to 2 mg / as well the CD4 up to 4.7g/L. I had solutions with different ph's from about 10.00 up to 10.15.

There is an approach with
Tab water 800 ml
Calgon 2.5g
Sodium sulfite (anhy) 4.3g
Sodium bromide 1.4 g
Potassium iodide 1.6
CD-4 4.5 g
Water to make 1.0 Litre
ph adjusted to 10.07 till 10.09 with sulphuric acid

The green layer(s) and the blue layer(s) match quite well, but the red is still a bit underrepresented. The densiotometric results are quite well, compared to a minilab processed grey pattern the results in D min, Dmax Speed and gradiation is virtually the same (deviation B-G 0.04 at the low densitys up to 0.09 in the high densitys). But R-G shows a observable deviation from -0.06 till -0.18 in the grey tablet. This is not OK and will lead to a slight color crossover in the print.
*these measurements are 'off standard' because I 1.dont have the real test strips and 2. because the R-G and B-G differences give me a better overview concerning color shift/spread. So no HD-LD curves here...

There are two suspects in my eyes,leading to my underrepresented red, thats is mainly a elevated ammount of sulfite (changes in ph did not brought the desired effect) and the bromide level. Sulfite acts as a preservative as well as a conditioner and reduces stain and Dmin. Dmin is actually good even when processing the films with extended time (3:25min) so here is a possible option.

Haven't tested this yet because of a lack of time...

On the other side, the bromide level is one of the very few known fixed points and should be abouit 1.3 g/L. Next runs will be with 3.2g / 3.4g Sulfite/ Litre, but i will do variate the bromide level in the range from 1.1 to 1.35g/L as well, if variations of the sulfite level will not have the desired effect to the red layer.
Increasing the Jodide up to higher levels (2mg/L) decreased the blue Dmax as well as the blue Dmin and is no option.

So the next formulation will be:
Tab water 800 ml
Calgon 2.5g
Sodium sulfite (anhy) 3.2g
Sodium bromide 1.3 g
Potassium iodide 1.6 mg
CD-4 4.8 g
Water to make 1.0 Litre
ph around 10.07

Keep you posted,