Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
For the enlarger, if you are using a coldlight, you will need a compensating timer of some sort. I'm using a MetroLux, actually two of them. It has memories, drydown, lamp decay compensation, timer or compensation timing, shutter speed timer, the buttons have a nice feel, rugged as can be, exposures from 0.1 to 9999 sec. Can be used for platinum printing. Great timer.
I have a 23C with a zone vi cold light; have not noticed too much drift in exposure times wihtout the compensating timer but I have not gone looking. I'm sure I'd find it and I like the idea of a compensating timer to make it a closed-loop system. I have the Zone VI compensating timer for my slot processor now and love it.

Right now I'm trying to decide whether to buy the Stop Clock Pro Vario to get the compensating portion (plus digital and fstop functions). Unfortunately, I also want to use the Analyzer pro functionaity, but from my reading on the RH Designs website, this isn't recommended because the light fluxuations would cause problems.

How serious is the need for the compensating portion in your humble opinions? Would it really screw up the use of the analyzer? Man, that grayscale display is cool...

Thanks in advance...