Great image Dan. You must be well pleased with what you have so far. Will the final print be toned?

Stoo

Quote Originally Posted by DannL View Post
Here's my most recent attempt at printing. A refreshing change as compared to anything I have printed previous. I think my final interpretation ended with little to no changes in actual composition. My inital framing of the scene was very tight. When I made this exposure I never expected the final print to look better than the original scene. For me this is a very rare occurrence. Warning: I would not suggest making this type of exposure unless you are completely aware of the potential dangers to man and camera.

- First image: the scan of the negative.
- Second image: my computer version of what I invisioned it might be prior to actual printing.
- Third image: a scan of the final print.
- And lastly an explanation of my burn sequence. When I mention "a graduated burn", that means the effect you would expect from using a graduated filter, but creating it with a blocking device such as cardboard.

Lake Hefner, Oklahoma City, April 2008,
5:30 PM, pointed into the sun.

Camera: Voigtländer Avus 9x12cm + Zeiss orange filter
Film: Efke PL 100 M
Exposure: 1/50 sec @ F/11
Dev: D-76 1:1

Omega D2 + 135mm Rodenstock
Paper: Fotokemika Varycon Matt FB 8x10
Dev: Dektol 1:1
Filter: #4 Kodak Polycontrast for entire print.

I would really like to see the water less dense in the final print. I'm still working on it.