And I'll add that the Bessa is a very nice camera. You don't read about too many breakdowns of the Bessa aside from rangefinder misalignment.

Certainly, there are camera failures among each brand. But the Bessa series now have about 11 or 12 years of production among the various models, and there seems to be a lot of them still in use.

I still have one Bessa-style body -- the Rollei 35 RF, which is a slightly reworked Bessa-R2. Great camera. Slight misalignment of the rangefinder, of course. If only Cosina would spend some R&D and fix this issue once and for all.

I sold my Bessa-R to a friend of mine a couple of years ago. He's still using it.

I used the camera often from 2000 to about 2002. By that time, I was delving into the so-called classic cameras, which led me down a different path.

I have no qualms recommending a Bessa. They're a great way to get into the world of rangefinder photography. Terrific viewfinders. Simple film loading. Excellent line of lenses. Accurate and predictable metering.

I have an extensive review of the Bessa-R (and the Zeiss Ikon) on my site. I had to end commenting because of spammers.