Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell View Post
Terry, I'm certainly sorry to hear of your misfortunes.
You'll find that Photography has changed monumentally since your accident.
Film based photography is essentially a dying art, now almost exclusively practiced only by those of us who spent years of our lives learning (and sometimes perfecting) the technical aspect of the process.
Film is OUT -- Digital is IN, which in your case it may be a particularly good thing, because (like Polaroid of old) everything is instantaneous, and thus your short-term memory will be much less of a problem.
I will probably get fried for saying this, but I would suggest that you go with the flow and take up digital photography and forget about (sorry about the pun) conventional photography as you once knew it.
Hi Bill I have a Sony digi camera and 2 things about I don't like or get used to is The view finder is a large LCD? I keep putting it up to my eye like a SLR and holding out like it's supposed to be used I have a hard time trying to compose the photo! And try to set it to manual control and try to use it that way is a PITA!! I'd like to try to relearn using it so when I get the Minolta from New Zealand Friend I won't waste film and cost of it and developing cost!! I never learned the darkroom skills. And now can't afford to start a darkroom for color or B&W? I have to check on prices of used equipment and Chemicals. I have a friend that lives with us and she has the experience in the darkroom I need to learn. Maybe this site might do a For Sale Forum?