Hi,

I used to really be into photography back in my high school / college days (1970s, early-80s). Kind of got out of the hobby until recently. Been doing the "point & shoot" digital thing (I assume 'digital' is a bad word here? ha ha). Anyway, I inherited my dad's Pentax SP1000, and his Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, and a bunch of old poloroids from the 60s to the 80s. I also have a Hi-Matic 7 and a Canon A-1. I probably shouldn't say, but I also just bought a Canon dSLR (XTi).

I'm interested in acquiring a couple classic cameras (pre-war, post-war). I have way more fun shooting and learning with the old cameras.

I just shot my first roll with my Hi-Matic 7 and the pics really came out excellent. Had a few blurry pics, but that is my crappy old eyes trying to focus with a rangefinder... not easy. I got the Hi-Matic 7 on ebay for $9.99. My dad's Hi-Matic 7s ... the shutter doesn't work, but other than that it is in excellent condition.

I processed my own B&W photos back in my younger days, but I don't want to do that anymore.

Anyway, I hope to learn about the classic stuff here...!