I admire your pluck to go into a place like that and preach the analog gospel, but that approach has always seemed a bit backwards to me. It's one thing if those people were looking some way of improving their images in a way that analog photography could help, but quite another to offer them something that is quite beside the point in their eyes. It's clear that what many people on this board consider photography and what people in those camera clubs consider photography are very different. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, but we need to make sure that we don't project our sensibilities onto people that are enjoying themselves in a different way...

I had several people pick up a 35mm SLR part-way through a photo course I was teaching. The course was a basic one, we concentrated on taking pictures, not printing them. I allowed them to either use slide film in a 35mm slr or a digital SLR. I always used slides to demonstrate things I was talking about. In the 4 terms I taught, 2 or 3 people fell in love with slides and used them instead of the digital camera they started with. Of course I took a lot of pride in the fact that they were able to put down the digital and pick up a film camera and get good results with no problems. It sure made the teacher look good:-) My point was that they were able to see how analog photography could help them, most of the students did not. No biggie, they all enjoyed the class...

Isaac