Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
What exactly is gaffer tape, and what is the difference between that and duct tape?
We, non anglophones, sometimes get confused by your words...


Gaffer's tape is, at least in my experience, black and somewhat like cloth in texture, with an adhesive that is less likely to get left behind when the tape is removed. It is about the same thickness as duct tape and is often used by stage workers or other people who set up a lot of equipment temporarily. It is quite strong, like duct tape, but does not make nearly as much mess as duct tape.

- Randy