Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
What exactly is gaffer tape, and what is the difference between that and duct tape?
We, non anglophones, sometimes get confused by your words...

Gaffer's tape is cloth tape (black, in my experience) used by "gaffers" (lighting tech's) to tape down cords and equipment on scene- either in the theater or in movie production. It has the great advantage of being removable from most surfaces without damage to the finish.

I have used it to fix bellows before but I would either use bookbinder's tape (thinner) or liquid electrician's tape (rubber) in the future. The gaffers tape is a bit thick and sort of moves around some in hot weather.

Oops... Peter beat me to it. So did Randy!