Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
What exactly is gaffer tape, and what is the difference between that and duct tape?
We, non anglophones, sometimes get confused by your words...


First, "gaffer" is a term used for the person who manages the lights on a movie set. (TV and broadcast set too I suppose).

Gaffers tape is a strong fabric tape. It's primary advantage is that, unless left on for a long time, it does not leave any adhesive residue. I've seen it in black and in white 2 inch wide rolls.

It's typically about double the cost of good duct tape and 3-4 times the cost of cheap duct tape.

Here's more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape