Agree Jmal,

Back when I was a child growing up in Moscow I saw Sudek's work...

A lot of time went by , I mean decades, and then I saw one of his half full glasses with small bubbles with light play in the water that just made you forget time and place , it brought that same feeling I had when I new nothing about photography or the artist. That work of art was just there without any explanation, without any story, without a need to know what it is it was supposed to be , no one had to write to explain it .

I am sorry, but if you have to know the story of an 82 year old man's life to appreciate his art then art has failed to me...

The story should be something you want to know after the work spoke to you and you want to know more , but if the story comes first before the art then sell a novel and not pictures.

One or two of Tichy's that I saw link's to here have an attempt to do so , but as a group ,like someone said ,the work fails to keep my attention independent from knowing his story.

One of the writers on line compared him to Van Gough in the way he was discovered , saying that this man is alive to enjoy his new found fame and that is the biggest difference between the two artists , I just could not believe what I was reading , when I was a kid and saw for the first time THE sunflowers , I had the same reaction I had to Sudek's light ... the work of Tychi just does not stir up the soul...

Ilya,

and this is just my old penny