sean -

i used to work in a frame shop and have never gotten that brown craft paper out of my system. ... i will usually window mat the photograph, and then put in a plain black frame. i will then smear elmer's glue ( paper glue ) around the frame's back and put the paper on. the paper is then cut with a razor blade and a wet rag/sponge/paper towel wipes the craft paper to make it tight when it is dried out

( the frame, i usually buy wood "chop" from a local framer who gives me a slight discount, and when i need it, i use corner vices and glue/nail them together. you can get a "framer" and nails for not too much $$ to finish the whole operation ) ...

- john