I've been asked by a friend to do a portrait/figure study, and through conversations on the subject, we have more or less decided that we will use "existing light" (in this case some low, oblique lights) in a rather austere setting. This suits me, because I don't have much in the way of flash equipment, and nothing for hotlights or backdrops, etc. The one flash I have is a Sunpak 383, though I have not used it much in the last couple of years. I've got one slave strobe, GN unknown, that I could use for backlighting if need be. I'm afraid I would have to do some learning (again) to use these effectively. (hence our decision to use natural lighting)

Apart from family snaps and a few theatre headshots, I have not done portraiture in any big way. I have done still life studies in a similar environment, and it seems like this particular project more or less fits this category in any case.

I'll most likely be shooting MF on my Rollieflex, though if I use my N80, I'll gain more flash control at the expense of a smaller negative.
Does anyone have any hints that will help me attain success in this project? I think at best I have two sessions available to get two or three good shots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,