NOLARon, I've been watching for you and Frank R. to come on this Panoram Overhaul thread to discuss repair techniques, but haven't seen you on here for a while. Since both of you have managed to disassemble the mechanism on your Panorams, it would be great to discuss it and how it is done on this thread.

I, too, have a problem with the shutter release on the beater 4D that I just got in the mail yesterday. It is jamming the lens so that it won't swing and the release button just barely moves downward when you press it . . . almost like it is already at the bottom of its travel.

Of course, I'm still not understanding how you got those 4 screws out that hold the metal mechanism plate (#65 in the early patent and #31 in the later one) in place. Do you have a super stubby screwdriver that you can get up inside the camera? Or a flexible shaft or U-joint screwdriver? I haven't been able to figure out how to get to those screws. I guess this is another thing we should discuss on this thread, as I'm sure others are equally confused about how to get the mechanism plate out of the camera.

EuGene