Aggie,

Thank you. See my note to you about the trip.

Would you post a photo (or send me one) of your full plate camera? I'd really like to see it. That's a nice size, not too big, not too small. You can do some negatives and make nice Albumen prints with that size. My camera weighs 50 pounds (11x14) and I use a period lens (c.1864) Jamin-Darlot. It's great for the studio, but it almost killed me when I took it on the road. Check it out:
http://www.collodion.com/equipment/qbj_0004.jpg

I also have two period French cameras that I've shot once (too much $ to use them on a regular basis) and really love. The darkslide mechanism is so sweet on the French cameras. I like the lenses a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
Welcome aboard Quinn! I really really want to go. I have a 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 plate camera I'm restoring. I've gathered most the stuff for field work, just have to learn how to do it.

I have a counter proposal for you. Would you like to attend the FREE LF workshop down at Zion Nov. 13-19th? I've wangled access to some places you normally won't get into, or at least get as free access as I have arranged. We have nearly 50 people going as of last count.