Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
Welcome from Washington, DC. Sounds like a convoluted path back to analog, but it wouldn't have been half as much fun if it were simple, would it?
Life is a journey! I consider the greatest asset one truely posesses is one's experience and the knowledge and wisdom that is gleaned from it. I've made mistakes, bad ones, just to experience them. To truely know what it feels like. So, I suppose you could say we agree! I'll leave the "simple" experience to people who want to play it safe their whole life. I'm more like that dude that Anthony Hopkins portrayed in the movie "The Fastest Indian in the World"

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
As to the Zeiss lenses, I have always been a big Hassy fan, and until I decided I preferred large format, that was my weapon of choice. It makes a great travel camera, the optics are amazing. I think that the Zeiss T* coatings are what give their lenses that extra snap, with richer contrast, and that's what makes them special.
Now this is almost word for word what I read recently from others with the experience to make the assessment. I think I'll stop my 35 mm purchases at this point (Got me a great deal on eBay last night for a Canon A-1 with three lenses and autowinder) and save the rest of my money so that in a month or two I can buy a complete Hasselblad kit.