Oops, read the "3" sideways and thought you were saying "Nikon FM is the best..." which I would have at least put in the top five. F3? Not in ROI terms.
My top 5 35mm list would be dominated by 80's cameras:
- Contax RTS (glass - who cares about the body, tho they're tanks)
- Canon A-1 and variants (light, fast, cheap, what's not to like?)
- FM and variants (likewise)
- OM-1 and variants (light, not cheap, quiet, nice 21mm lenses - the f3.5 is tiny, and the f/2 is fast)
- LeicaM/ContaxG (endless wars related to the value of individual features, both with glass that are head and shoulders above any SLR)
...which sadly leaves out some good RF compacts like the Oly RC, Canon G-III or the little Rollei 35, as well as the Great Titan of Old, the Nikon F2.
I had an EOS for a while around 1992, kept going back to my A-1 and F-1. Sold it & bought a 20mm and a 135 f/2 Now I'm back on EOS for the digi, but still prefer to focus by hand. Call me regressive, it works with what my hands and brain are used to.
Last edited by bjorke; 10-25-2004 at 09:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.