Dear PE !!

Thank you for „logging in“ , the ph at around 10.1 really works better than a ph above 10.00 or10.05. That’s something I couldn’t believe at first but looks proven now… The used bromide is potassium bromide, 1.5g are roughly equivalent to 1.3g sodium bromide.

The usage of more effective anti chelating agents, like quadrofos or other EDTA salts, as you mentioned, will be better for sure. But we live in a region with quite soft water (haven’t delimed my teakettle for years) and longer shelf life of mixed product is not indented anyway.

About the carbonate….
This is something still mysterious, I’m still testing. But adding nearly 40g Potash alone plus all the other ingredients will inflate the gravity of the developer. I’m aware that data sheets are more intended to keep secrets, but there are a few things in common if you put some side by side.
Flexicolor SM claims to have something about 18 till 22 g potash/litre combined with bicarbonate 3.6-7.4g7Litre. Flexicolor developer replenisher is stated with 22 -26g/Litre (diluted working tank solution), then next a “one phase” colour developer (Prime?) is stated with 23 g/L potash and 6,6g bicarbonate (all potassium). Is this coincidence that the amount of alkali salts is given at about 30g/Litre ??

Anyway, I brewed up a solution with 24g potash (which was in fact low in contrast) and with 34 g potash/ Litre, wich was fine). Each half of unused solutions was mixed together that’s why “C-25” does have 29g Potash; the difference is measurable but marginal.

Just this moment the Jobo fires up, prewarming the next batch, which do have 32 and 33g potasch/Litre and 1.5g sodium bicarbonate. Personally I do prefer more a soft working developer, the last edition was very close to desired.

Well’ see what happens…

Regards from Germany,
Stefan