I'd have him build me a darkroom.

But that isn't what you want.

So, MY ideal camera would be an 8x10 with a Protar f/18 lens, the one that was made for 5x7 but covers LOTS of field, almost enough for 11x14. It would be fixed focus, allowing the max dof @ f/64 (US 256 is what would be on it if it were the B&L version I have) getting out to infinity with min aperature, and it would have a rising front that could be locked in. It would have levels both on top and one side. It would have a tripod mount and some manner of wireframe viewfinder (which would be quite easy to devise, actually). The back would be removable to change from horizontal to vertical. It could have an extension to convert for a near focus range.

I worked at a big studio in Seattle around 1970. It had a camera like this that was designed by one of the photographers (John Moen - one of the most brilliant photographers I've ever known, one who taught much of what I've used every day ever since). It was based on a 90mm Super Angulon and it was in nearly constant use - especially whenever they had architecture jobs - but the possibilities for other kinds of work are infinite.

I believe the f/18 protar, inconvenient as it is, provides just about the greatest flexibility there is. I think it must be what Bill Brandt was using for "Perspectives on Nudes". Could be wrong, but it would be the optic I'd choose for that sort of thing.

Let us know what you end up doing.