Grrr. Once again.. I deleted my response before I finished it. :-(

One by one.

Ari, you have a long list, but donīt forget the most simple item needed - the take up-spool. It happened to me that I grabbed a camera and a single film and left only to notice there is no spool in the camera... in 20km distance. Drove home, willing to make that photo... grabbed a spool, went to the toilet, left... arrived... loaded the fi^^^where is that spool???? Ah home. Again. :-(

Since then there is an empty one in my car, in my jackets and coats, any camera and travel bag, just everywhere.

Fintan,

in the recent months I started appreciating longer focal lengths with landscape/nature/Architectural and industrial photography - especially my new Sonnar 2,8/180 for Pentacon Six. Cute one, sharp, just excellent!

Until half a year ago "wide" was my credo - 30mm fisheye, 55mm shift, the 50m Flektogon, I rarely ever touched anything longer... partially due to a mechanical problem of my 2,8/120 Biometar... but also because I never learned to view a scene in an abstractive way, in details and structures, beyond the totale view.

Now these things what I appreciate the most in "my work"... :-)

Tom, that chimney finder is high on my wish list - and the magazine groundglass is wonderful in cramped interiours....

And I agree on your Efke suggestion - havenīt used the R100 (only KB100), but the R50 reacts with an individual tonal response. Especially with green, which will probably work out very nice in the Peloponese landscape - dry, blank and eroded hills and valleys, scattered with deep green woods... sounds perfect for the Efke.

Ari, again, get used to the gear and film material. If you feel uncomfortable with it - donīt hesitate and go back to your old stuff and finish the job with that.

Cretes landscape has a similar variability in the landscape as the greek mainland, similar scenes and nature, so you should be able to get used to it, to develop your eye for it at home.

You forgot something on your list - a donkey for carrying the gear. Honestly, you are loading very much in your backpack and depending on the infrastructure it will be a very exhausting job. So "training at home" will allow you to sort things out, to form your taste and define and follow your daily mood -"Is this a Sonnar day?"- leaving unneeded stuff in the basecamp or hotel.

Keep us posted on progress! Please! And have fun! ;-)