Quote Originally Posted by wiseowl
Ian, thanks for posting the photo, do you have any technical details to add, focal length, film speed and aperture would be helpfull. (If only to help put my mind at rest.)
It was definatly 400 film. Probably Kodak Porta VC.

It was shot on 35mm - The big group would have been better on 120 - you'd normally plan to do them outside, and get plenty of height, but in this case, due to circumstances it HAD to be done indoors with flash, and there wasn't enough space to fit everyone into the MF lens field of view.

As I didn't actually take it (I was at the side trying to get everyone to squeeze in), I'd have too guess at the exact settings. It was a regular Canon Zoom lens, so it was probably 28mm (maybe 35mm depending on which of the two zooms she was using) at about f/4.

The flash was a 45ct4, used directly without any diffuser. to get maximum power.

I do feel slightly guilty posting her work in this case, as it was in a make-do situation. Most of her stuff is MUCH better than this, but I'm showing this as a worse case, to reasure you that you can get the shot in difficult circumstances.

Ian