Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
I use EOS cameras and find teh 28-135 IS USM great. At the longer end you still get good selective focus and the lens performance is superb. The image stabaliser really helps in low light too. I will soon be adding a 70-300 IS too. I have really been impressed by the work of Annabelle Williams (UK based porttrait/wedding photographer) and whe mainly uses the 70-300. Not sure what make your bodies are?
Tom
Tom
Hi Tom, I have all of Annabel's books and am also a big admirer of her work. A friend of mine has just returned home from the UK after attending one of her workshops. Wish I was there!!!

I use Nikon gear for 35mm and digital. I prefer fixed lenses as I just can't to get the sharp, quality shots with a zoom. Maybe it's just me or I'm too picky. I believe Annabel doesn't shoot the very little, more challenging children much and unfortunately I don't have her budget - yet!

Nikon F90X - 50mm 1.4 lens
Nikon D70 - 18-70mm 3.5-4.5 lens & 50mm 1.4 lens
Hasselblad - 80mm 2.8 Planar CZ lens

Today I did another shoot with the digital as requested - it was for a website and urgent. Whilst 'processing in the digital darkroom' I kept being reminded why film is still far superior. Colour, depth and intensity and timeframe is all I can say. Yes, I love the creativity the computer allows me but ....