You may not need a stop bath for film, but I still use it. It stops development dead and so gives more precise times.

The biggest enemy of drying film is dust. It gets into the soft wet emulsion and never comes out again. You then get dust spots coming through on the prints, which is a royal pain. I have two little domestic air filters in my dark room which cost virtually nothing and produce near clean room conditions. Let them run for at least an hour before the film is ready to dry (I leave mine on all the time).

If you have hard water, get a domestic chemical water filter and run the final wash water through it two or three times to totally de-lime it (or use distilled water) and a drop of wetting agent in the final wash does no harm, otherwise you can get lime scale marks left on the film.

If you are going to wash in the tank from a tap, you will need a hose. Remember to start the flow very slowly so that the temperature does not change too quickly, otherwise you can get micro reticulation, which looks terrible.

David.