Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
I don't know about this process being a Danish invention, Emil, I'll have to take your word for that. <snip>

As for the need for a press, I disagree with Emil on this. The pressure needed to really get the mid-tones of a printing plate are considerable. You can print rough textures and the surface inks without much more than the back of a serving spoon rubbed over the paper, but a press is a necessity for a tonally nuanced image. This is why many printmaking courses at local community colleges and art centers are filled with veteran printmakers - access to a press is worth the cost of signing up for yet another course.
here :
"In 1990 the (danish) graphic artist Eli Ponsaing made a revolutionary discovery. He demonstrated that photo-polymer plates can be used for photogravure. His technique has gained ground all over Scandinavia. His book describes how this new method may be applied.

lt is indispensable for everyone working with graphic media interested in discovering new ways of making graphic art.

Eli Ponsaing has been a teacher at the (Copenhagen) Academy of Art for many years."..

text from the first book on polymer gravure published..
see the attachment about the book..

About the press. I am not sure I explained my self quite clear..
I an talking about a press, but about an old version, my grand mother's generation used for sheets and so on...

I know about the considerable press needed, and you can get that with this old maschine, but as the rollers are made of wood, they will ne destroyed rapidly if not "protected" by two pieces of metal..

see an image of the old maschine.
here in Denmark, you can get them for next to nothing....