I am hoping that someone can point me in the direction of affordable software similar to this .

I have found that nearly every gallery or magazine that I have dealt with wants me to submit a cd or dvd or just provide link to internet site to view images for evaluation. It is ironic to say the least, that my purely analog traditional prints require rendering on such media before they can even be considered, but that is the reality we live in. Although it is certainly easy enough to put jpegs on a cd and send it off, I would like to be able to include a little bit of editorial content and info. A pdf would be ideal because anyone can access it regardless of platform. But so far, I have not been able to determine whether I can burn a CD from any pdf I am able to make. Besides if it is neccessary to buy the full Acrobat software package from Adobe at US$600.00, it is out of the question.

I have found lots of programs to make terrific slide shows, with some added content, on the mac, and some that will even allow that to be burned to CD, but then it can only be viewed on another mac with similar software. I am looking for something that anyone can view and use a menu to selectively view.

Any suggestions ?