Terri,
You now know the dirty secret of LF photography. There are more ways to process film than there are different mechanisms to flush toilets in Germany (over 25 million at last count).

I have used most of them except the 3000 series (There are too many other ways that work to spend that kind of money). My favorite for 4x5 is nylon window screen sewn into a 5 1/2 inch long tube. I cut the screen 5x 5 1/2 inches then sewed a 1/4 seam up the 5" side after folding it over. The film slips into the tube emulsion side in and is placed in a Patterson Series 4 plastic tank on end. Get 5 sheets of 4x5 film in there. Develop just like roll film (inversion method according to developer). Perfect results every time. I develop my 3x4 and 2x3 film the same way in hard plastic tubes that allow developer to get behind the film and wash off the anti-halation coating. Larger films, 5x7 and 8x10 get done in a Unicolor drum on a roller.
I have used BTZS and 2509 reels, as well as many hours in a darkroom doing tray processing. They all work after you tame the process but they all have a weakness of some type. Only you will find out what best works for you. I don't think jumping to a 3000 series tank is always the best idea.

tim in san jose