Quote Originally Posted by B&Jdude View Post
By the way, that nice looking Panoram, apparently a No. 1 Original model, advertised as a 1D, sold for $183 last night. Like I mentioned earlier, in this current economic malaise the prices that Panorams are commanding on FleaBay has been swinging wildly between too little and too much. A reasonable price for a nice (not mint) Panoram No. 1 should be between $200 - $250.

There are often some real dogs sold on FleaBay, so one has to watch closely, and ask questions. One example, not a Panoram but rather an Al Vista panoramic, is a very obvious junker that is worth about $30 - $40 as a parts camera, but the seller wants a BIN of almost $200 (a reasonable price for a good one) for it. So far he has relisted it a couple of times, but nobody has bought it. Caveat emptor!

I think that some people get greedy. I will gladly pay the price for something that is worth what I feel it is worth to me. I won't pay an exorbitant price for a piece of junk which would be rejected by my trash can. Some of that stuff is really miserable. I have been looking for a usable Panoram, but I'm also looking for a decent 4x5 Graflex and/or Speed Graphic. They are out there, and hopefully there will be a few left when I'm able to fix this hemorrhage in my pocketbook.

Smiff, you need to post some of your work with the #1.