Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Jacobs View Post
Matt, the market is a bit better for wedding photography here in the US. $3000 for the photographer's time and an album is quite average and not at all hard to get, even in this economy, provided the photographer is halfway decent at what he/she does. From what I've gathered over the years, Americans tend to like to shell out money to wedding photographers more than the British do. Jeff Ascough (a good friend of mine) doesn't charge nearly as much as I believe he could in the US, and he does absolutely impeccable work (even if he has gone over to the dark side, the traitor.)
Interesting, thanks for that Cheryl.

I did attend three seminars run by Jeff at Focus, the photographic exhibition here in the UK (conveniently held in Birmingham) and found it very entertaining and extrememly interesting.

I was the only one who put up a hand when he asked the question "anyone still shooting on film". Interestingly he responded "I wish I was" - and I wasn't too sure what that meant.

I would completely agree with you on Americans valuing decent photography more than people do in the UK - that has been the impression I have had.

Matt