I don't use specific precautions when I can't develop immediately. For BW film, I'm not sure a few weeks/months will hurt (at least my process does not show any difference between film developed immediately and film having waited for some time).

That may depend on your location, I'm in France and the inside temp hardly gets higher than 28C