I've purchased six photographs: four from galleries, one from the wall of a restaurant and one from a student show. The last, interestingly, remains my favorite. But six photographs is a lot less than I would have liked to have purchased. Two resources have been in short supply: money and wall space. Unfortunately both are pretty much taken up by my own work.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact of relatively unknown or little-known photographers not selling on Ebay. In fact, I wouldn't put too much stock in Ebay at all. Ebay is unpredictable and just plain weird.

My own experience with trying to sell my photographs was a while back when I briefly ventured into the business of photographing horse shows. People who are into horses usually are not wanting for money. It still amazes me that someone who can drop $2000 or more for a weekend show won't drop $25 for an 8x10 glossy print to remember their performance. Well, anyone can take a photograph! Mind you, though, anyone won't get the timing right or bother to throw the unavoidable porta-potty in the background out of focus. But they'll steal the proofs which have holes punched all through them!

OK. Rant over.