Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
Brian,

Thank you for the great article. As you can see from my avatar street photography is rather new to me. I enjoyed and learned from your article, but would like more. You said, “… I know and use the technical aspects of the medium, which are well known and I won't go into here.” I would like to go into them.

I have just finished “Henri Cartier-Bresson, a Biography” by Pierre Assouline. I read it because I like HCB’s composition and wanted to learn more for my LF work. Now I find that I am interested in learning more about the whole genre called Street Photography. Can you or others direct me to sources?

Thank you,

John Powers
I'm glad that you enjoyed the article and that it helped you. By "technical aspects", I meant things that apply to photography in general...like average exposure, using the aperture to control DOF, shutter speed to control motion & sharpness, etc... .

I am working on a couple of articles about composition...the things I look for in a scene. You can register at the uCVc or subscribe to the RSS feed of my blog (I will publish the articles in both places) to be notified when I post them.