Ole, here my suggestion: An older usage in german is to say "triplet" even to the Heliar. Authoritative is the architecture, the lens design. So we can find triplets with three, four (one cemented group) or five (two cemented groups) lenses. What is the english equivalent for "Vierlinser" and "Fünflinser"?? Dr. Helmut Naumann states in "Das Auge meiner Kamera", site 92, all xenars as "Tripletts mit verkitteter Hinterlinse" - including the faster f/3.5-design (35 to 300 mm).
My only problems are the curious 3.8-Aperture of my type D, the missing "Typ D"-signature, the missing proof in the literature and that I resold it too hasty.