Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
Does your lens board look like this one?:

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/Meopta-Anaret...mZ300277267467
Yes that's pretty much the one.
Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
Yes, they were designed way back when Meopta enlarging lenses were quite small, and don't work with most modern lenses that I know of. I'd actually designed myself a straight-sided one, but never got around to machining it. And then I came across a cheap Beseler 23CIII, and didn't go any further with it. I think I've still got the blueprint, if you want to track down a machine shop that could make one for you, but it may well be cost prohibitive.

As far as an 80mm lens is concerned, I wouldn't think you'd have the same problem if, as you say, you'd be mounting it on the back of the cup.
Good point re: the 80mm. As I see I have a couple of options here, I can either try tracking down a suitable lens board, or I can sell the 50mm Nikkor (or attach it to my spare Axomat 5) and get an 80mm Nikkor as I planned and use that to print my 35mm's -- althought that will limit the print size I can go to.

D'oh -- and I had this Nikkor sitting on my coffee table for 5 days before even thinking I better check it fits! I made sure the thread on the Opemus 5 was 39mm which it is, but never thought that the physical fatness of the lens would cause issues!

Thanks,
Vicky