Just bought a Sinar F2 and a 150mm Schneider lens....I still havent got a proper lens panel (waiting for it to arrive), I haven't got the trigger cable, no film yet, etc etc so I've just been messing about looking through the camera with an ill-fitting Arca Swiss recessed panel my friend gave me that I have taped up to the front.....

As i keep on saying in my threads I have a Nikon D300 digital camera with which I do all my 'money' jobs on our web site www.ulookfierce.com. The plan with the 5 x 4 Sinar is to start a personal project I've always wanted to do - people portraits in b+w (no mystery here!) but felt the 'beauty' of image I'm after can only be achieved with a 5 x 4 camera and its lenses. I'm inspired by Karsh and people of that genre and my personal style is combining natural light with flash triggered by Pocket Wizards.

So my idea is to use the Nikon as my 'polaroid' to check I have the lighting I want when firing off the flashes.....sure, it may be regarded as cheating in this forum (heh heh) but hey, its a cheaper way instead of wasting a whole load of expensive polaroid film......or is it.....should I use Polaroids instead?