</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DKT @ Mar 14 2003, 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>... The biggest PIA about E6 is maintaining your process and mixing the chemicals. The actual process isn&#39;t flexible like b&w, with little room for error--but if you did do it yourself, you could gain control over certain aspects of your chrome film. Like doing pushes and pulls, even slight ones...you could mess with the sp. gravity and pH of certain steps to tweak the contrast or shift the color balance,.. .</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I think that you are describing the process for large, automated machines.

The "Three Step" chemicals are no more trouble to mix than oridinary c-41 chemicals. These chemicals are probably more carefully formulated and controlled in manufacture, recognizing the fact that the average darkroom is not set up to measure Ph and specific gravities.
All I can say is that whatever variables exist in JOBO temperature control and the process in general, there sems to be more chance for error in the exposure itself. I have been very satisfied with the output from my darkroom.

E6 chemicals in the JOBO ARE replenishable, according to the Tetenal, etc., data sheets, with the usual modifications: Add time to First and Color developers for the second run: more time for the third, etc.
However, being a quality freak, I do nearly everything, Black and White, C-41 and E-6 on a one-shot basis. That way, I am continually using fresh chemicals, and from my experience, I can equal or surpass the quality of a Commecial Lab - at least the Commercial Labs I&#39;ve used.

The economy of it all is another matter. Off-shore processing is probably cheaper (neglecting transportation and time to get to-) in a GOOD Commercial Lab - and neglecting the trouble to FIND a GOOD lab.