Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Werth View Post
Personally, I strongly suggest the method suggested in the first of Tim's links, with however, substantial alterations.

To make negatives by reversal is substantially faster than making them via an interpositive, and you also get, provided you get it right, very first quality.

Should you be interested, mail me for more detailed hints, here a few initial points:

forget about hardening of washing with sodium sulfite. As a first developer, I recommend Rodinal in one of its current forms.

With this film developer you will get a much longer tonal scale than with the paper developers recommended elsewhere.

Use dishes without grooves. I have often got a funny sort of ghost image of the grooves in the final neg - spoiled it, of course (did not try grooves and rodinal, but i suspect you may run into problems here also).
Hi Lukas,
I think I will end up using Arista Premium paper dev, simply because thats what is in my school's darkroom. HOWEVER, with that in mind, can you give me some more pointers on processing by reversal?
Thnanks,