Quote Originally Posted by JacobT View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting (I think, I can't remember posting before!) and first time printing! Just wanted to share my first photographs with you. It was such an exciting process, if it weren't for my busy studies at the moment I'd be right back in my local darkroom but as it is I'll have to wait till next thursday .

Anyway, without further ado, here they are in order of creation! (Sorry about the subject matter, I'm an architecture student)

The scans really don't do the prints justice, coming from digital I really was surprised how beautifully they came out. Anyway I think the last one's my favorite, but feel free to pick your own!

All the best. Jacob)
I agree with what has been said so far. I burned my first prints. They were terrible. You are off to a much better start! Good eye, talented composition. Keep up the good work.

One piece of advise: Never rush into material or equipment changes when things go wrong. Perfect your technique before blaming it on your materials. Use one developer, one paper, one everything and print the 'you know what' out of it to understand how your materials respond to modifications. Then, move on, but realize that all name-brand materials are used by some competent hands to create perfection. Most expert printers have settled for only a couple of papers, developers, etc. Equipment can be bought, skill has to be earned.

Welcome to the team. Looking forward to your contributions in the future.