I have an FM10. I also have a Nikon 8008, Leica Z2x and a Sony 717 dc. The camera that gets the most use is the FM10. I got it new from B&H for $209 new then I took off the zoom lens it comes with and put on a new Nikkor 50mm f1.8, which is one of the sharpest lenses made by anyone and it cost only $110 at B&H new.

The advantages of the FM10 are it's fully manual. The only thing dependent on the battery is the light meter. It's also light and compact. It focuses easily with the split image viewfinder. It also has a metal lens mount. The pictures I get out of it are the equal of any I have ever taken.

The only thing missing is display of shutter speed, aperture, etc in the viewfinder. But after using it a while you get used to it. I usually leave it set at f5.6 (sharpest stop for the 50/1.8) with the shutter speed at 1/125 and the focus at infinity. If I have to open or close the aperture or move the speed up or down, it's quite easy to know where you are. Actually, having nothing in the viewfinder except what I'm shooting is a relief after all the clutter you see in a fully auto camera like the 8008.