An easy but slightly expensive way to do this is to scan and have an LVT made (e.g. at Chicago Albumen). The LVT negs are easier to work with than digital negs... to do digital negs right, you need to deduce the correct curves for your combination of paper, light source, ink type etc. If you have an LVT made, you can just tell them what your output will be (e.g. silver or Pt/Pd or whatever) and that's that. LVTs have *far* high resolution than inkjetted digital negs, won't give any banding at all, and can actually be enlarged considerably. The LVT can then be stored like a normal neg for reprinting later.

I used to be enthused about digital negs but now the only thing I use them for is cyanotypes. For silver they basically suck, in my experience. LVT is far better for silver, in my experience. (Mind you this is one of those things that I say knowing full well that somebody will follow up with "didn't you try this and this and this" and my answer is no, I don't feel like I was put on this earth to dick around ad nauseum with computers. I'll happily pay an LVT lab to do the dicking for me and give me a much higher quality result.)

Still... the cheapest and least computery solution of all is simply to dupe to tmax or such, it's very easy, can give excellent results, costs next to nothing... and doesn't involve photoshop or such.