Well I'm home! For those who missed this workshop, it was probably te best one that Per has ever had. He has decided to make it a yearly event. (going to Zion) I think what tipped his decision was taking him out to the ghost town, Grafton. Once people saw what I was trying for the first few days to interest them in, the Canyon was pushed into the background. Then again it could be that cute waitress at the Pioneer resturant that could have a bit to do with it also.

Those that camped out enjoyed overnight temperatures dipping down to 27 degrees. Sharon and i had connecting rooms in a nice warm motel, and set up darkroom facilities so those who wanted to could develope film. I managed to do 10 rolls (don't ask why I reverted to my mamiya) While Jason holds the record for processing 64 sheets of film.

For those who made it to photo expo, John Layton was there showing off his new 4x5 camera he introduced in New York. A sweet camera, and one If hubby knew I would like to have, would shaking his head again.

We did have one surprise attendee that wanted to learn large format. He was taken in hand by many each day to learn the intricacies of shooting LF. That is where my 4x5 ended up for the last few days. I must say if many of the women saw his picture, (I'm sure Sharon will post it) you will know the kind of fun you missed out on. He is not as wild as his reputation proclaims.

Speaking of women, Sharon and I were the only two who went. All of the men were extremely wonderful, and helpful. Who says photographers are not gentelmen!

one funny incident did happen. One evening we were sitting around a picnic table, waiting for many to return for dinner. While we were talking, I noticed that the clouds had parted just enough to slash bright color across the lower foothils as if a painter had used a narrow brush. It was so brilliant, we were all awe struck by the display. We got up and stood in the clearing watching as the color band widened and marched up the canyon walls. Per made the comment, " All these photographers, and not one has a camera!" Matt ran to his truck saying, " I can get that fast, I have a digital." Well being the diva of non digital, I could not let that challenge go. I said I could beat him to the shot. He had to rummage for his camera. I had mine alread attached on the tripod, lens cap off, a new roll loaded. We raced back to the clearing, Him fiddling with settings, me extending the legs of the tripod as we went. He had to do some shifting, and looking at his small screen while I took the spot meter readings and quickly had it set. I shot off the rool, and he got one shot. He turned to me, and I smiled broadly back at him. His only comment was, "Bitch!" which I know was meant in good humor. Just goes to show digital is not always the fastest medium!