Hi Ron - I am regularly using a 5x7" NPC one-shot camera, and using the seps to make Dye Transfer prints. I'm also restoring a very nice Curtis 4x5" one-shot camera. While I have been using a Leica M8 digital camera, I use the one shot as a replacement for large format color film as it is getting difficult to find a place around here to process it. For my money, the combo of large format in-camera seps and a highly tuned dye transfer process doesn't really represent a 'retro' process, I use it because it simply gives the absolutely best color print results possible. Its worth the effort, and will never be obsolete. As a plus, this technology can not be 'taken away' from me, as all of this can be done with modest means, the materials can be made in a fairly unsophisticated lab.

Regards - Jim Browning

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
Sandy;

Chromogenic color films will be virtually impossible to recreate if there are none being made. Photos taken with tricolor cameras will work well and color bromoil will be useful in printing as will home-made dye bleach. It is possible to hand coat color dye bleach print materials, but dye bleach films with decent camera speed and with decent properties regarding grain are virtually impossible for technical reasons related to having the dyes present to begin with.

PE