Here is my experience with dividing a set of chems into smaller containers. By way of explanation, this if for R3 chemistry (prints from color slides).

1. I found out which bottles are oxygen sensitive. For R3 it is the first developer and part B of the color dev. The first developer is delivered in cubitainer enough to make 12.5 gallons of usable mix. I had sufficient experience in the past to know cubitainers were pretty good for oxygen-free storage, so I didn't do anything with that. The color dev B was in a bottle enough to make 12.5 gallons, so that's what needed splitting.

2. I figured out how big a batch I would make at a time. It was 1 liter, and the color dev needed 40 mL.

3. So I went to a chemical supplier (fishersci.com) and found a 40 mL glass vial for sample storage. I ordered lids to go with them, not PFTE (teflon) which would have been better, but the regular rubber linings were a lot cheaper.

4. So on the day appointed I got my graduated cylindar and the part B bottle, and started pouring. I sealed up each vial as well as I could, then came back later to tighten the slack that happens as the cap liner is compressed.

5. And then, taking the lead of my grandmother in putting up fruit, I sealed all vials with parafin. Just a bar, melted over a water double pot, dip in each vial upside-down and let the air in the threads escape, and set aside to cool.

6. This is the fourth storage method I've tried, and it's proven the best by far. When I need a liter of color dev, I must open the vial carefully so as not to get too much wax in the mix, but in the end was is harmless and floats, so I can pick it out easily when it does get in a bottle.

Now, for E6 chems, the first developer and again, part B of the color developer are air senstive, but since I use only the 5 liter kit I have never bothered to protect the chems; I open them so infrequently and use them up too quick for air to harm them appreciably.