s......o some of you may know I've been getting myself set up again for some film development and b+w printing on a Durst 605M i got and cleaned up from the local photo society club...

so I'd like to ask some newbie questions cos i just can't remember.....I'm doing 6 x 6 (not 35mm)....and by the way I did it in the bathroom all cramped up!!!!!

1. lens aperture....I have a Schneider 80mm 5.6 lens....I stopped down to f11 not cos I knew that was the right thing to do but cos I remembered thats what I used to do.....trying to get the lens sweet spot as opposed to anything else......

QUESTION.....does the aperture chosen affect contrast or anything else i cant remember??????

2. Safelights....I have the red one....i read on the Ilford paper I have to use the amber/brown one....I had no choice....prints seem to be fine....any comments? Due to limited space safelight is not more than 1.5/2 metres away

3. anti-newton glass - crucial or no???? don't know the glass is the Sivogla AN i see on ebay for this and other enlargers......

4. black touching up paint - ..whats it called so i can get some.....

5. Resin coated paper ILFORD - fix times 1 min and wash times 1 min....thats what they say.....do you guys use more time??