</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (harry @ Mar 19 2003, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>That makes it a little harder for me to take when I see someone who buys one either as a status symbol or because it&#39;s the most expensive camera in the shop, believing it will make them a good photographer when they otherwise aren&#39;t.&nbsp; </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I know *exactly* what you mean.

There are significant reasons for owning a "fine" camera ... for the same reason that a "fine" carpenter will probably own a "fine" hammer. The finest hammer ever made will *NOT* create a "fine" carpenter - and the same principles apply to photography - and a whole spectrum of other human activites.

Once I succumbed to the "lure" of having a "prestigious" camera around my neck ... and, sad to say, I think I let that camera have a very bad effect on me. I finally realized ... I&#39;m not the fastest learner in the world ... that there was a pompous, arrogant, coarse OAF - who really did not know much about what he was talking about entangled in the loop formed by that camera strap. I caused grief to others ... something I&#39;ve sworn to myself NOT to do again.

- Ahhh ... enough&#33;

I tried nude photography. I damn near froze&#33;&#33;&#33;