Quote Originally Posted by rvarland View Post
Kind of a rookie with pano and large format lenses. Just bought a older Gaoersi body, installed my Fuji 90/8, and then discovered it won't focus at infinity. The focus mechanism is all the way in and it is beyond me how anything could be adjusted to get it closer. Hence, am I correct in that it has something to do with flange distance? The camera measures up at 102mm and I'm afraid my Fuji needs shorter than that. Any advice, including which lenses might work, would be greatly appreciated. (Seller wasn't sure what lens used to be on the camera, thought maybe a Super Angulon) Roger in Michigan
The camera's 102mm set up is appropriate for three different Schneider Super Angulons... the SA 5.6, SA 6.8 Classic, and SA 5.6 XL... all big and heavy lenses. All the other 90's, by an maker, have shorter FFD's, and will not achieve infinity focus.

Shooting @f32 will bring more into (better) focus, but the lens is probably diffraction limited at f16 (maybe f22)... so you are paying a big price in image quality.