</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (David Hall @ Mar 24 2003, 11:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Donald,

Your comment above about light color and light intensity not being related...wasn&#39;t the whole idea behind the Zone VI modified meter that Any Old Pentax Spotmeter&#39;s readings were off because it didn&#39;t do a good enough job measuring the color of light?

And to those who use both Gossen and Pentax...which do you prefer? I have looked at the Gossens and they seem harder to use, especially for zone system thinking. True?

dgh </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
While I have no experience with the Gossen meter, it to all appearances seems to be more difficult for my use in Zone system usage. The Zone VI modifications orginated from the recognition that light meters (even the best of them did a marginal job of accurately metering a scene for black and white zone system photography) The modifications consisted of several internal changes. Among those were improved internal baffling to reduce the effects of both internal and external flare (effects of nearby bright sources). A couple of filters to eliminate or reduce the effects of UV and IR radiation (IR being the more problematic) and filter packs to bring the meter sensitivity into agreement with the sensitivity of panchromatic black and white emulsions. The effects of these modifications can be determined by metering (with both a modified and unmodified meter) green pine trees and also a green and a red surface. By exposing the film in accordance with the meter reading and then developing the film in the same manner the resulting prints will be the determiner of the effects of the modifications. These modifications really had no bearing (from Zone VI advertisements) on the meters sensitivity to a given color temperature of light. Color temperature really is an entirely different parameter then light intensity.