</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ailsa @ Mar 25 2003, 06:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I&#39;ve browsed this site for quite a while, but this is the first time I&#39;ve actually posted.

The look the assistant gave me spoke volumes - I think she would have got me thrown out of the shop if she&#39;d been able to&#33;...

I&#39;m not sure whether this is the correct forum to post this in, but it seemed as good a place as any&#33;

</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
Great to see you posting&#33;&#33;

That misinformation doesn&#39;t bother me as much as the times when I&#39;ve overheard dishonest - and I mean *DISHONEST* information - deliberately intended to cheat a customer -tossed out over the counter.

Once upon a time, in one of the medium-sized cities of Maine, I stopped at a small local camera shop - to "check the place out"... etc.
The guy behind the counter was reviewing just delivered prints from 35mm, processed in house, with a young woman. I was close enough so that when I happened to glance over I could see them ... photographs of a small child ... the usual one-year old splashing in the tub ... "bearskin rug"...
The woman was gushing over the images ... one could see that this was HER child ... and those photographs were indicators of the strong maternal bond.
All those prints had a HEAVY cyan printing bias. No other color in them, really, except cyan.

The conversation went something like this ...

Mother: "Oh, he&#39;s so darling.."

Clerk: "Yes. Too bad the color is so `off&#39; ".

M: "Yes it is. Do you think I&#39;ve used the wrong film?"

C: "Oh, no. That was Kodak&#33;&#33;"

M: "Then why?"

C: "It is the camera&#33; If you had bought the (brand name classified - they were dealers) instead of that Nikon (Nikon&#33;&#33;&#33; - ES) the colors would have been MUCH better. Nikons are known for `bad&#39; color.."

That was the swindle ... deliberately mis-print, and blame it on the camera.

It would have been *so* satisfying to go over that counter and give that #&#036;% clerk a knuckle sandwich.... All I could do is leave and wait for the distended blood vessels in my neck to return to normal.

Given the choice between ignorant and dishonest .. I&#39;ll take "ignorance" every time.

Anyway ....WELCOME to te "posting" bunch.