Bill,

Are you lobbying McDonalds to offer take-out pizza too?

APUG is a business that has a successful product offering, analog only all the time.

If there were a big market for what you were asking for hybridphoto.com would be a rocking place too.

Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
I don't think I would want to live in a world where slavery was the normal, where women didn't have the right to vote . . . These were tired old arguments that had been beat to death.
Your comparison tactic here is silly.

I'd say there is at least a small difference between championing human rights and discussing the finer points of a human pastime or vocation.

Truly here on APUG the big limitations are only the basic topic and the expectation of civility.

Similarly, if you went to a "Slow Food" group site they might get irked if you suggested recipes using a microwave or convection oven.

Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
I am of the opinion that the folks who digitize a negative for printing their alternative process images have much to offer to folks on APUG ...
I am sure this is true Bill.

I'm also sure that, at least for me, once a scanner is part of the process I've lost interest.

In my view, a scanner is just a specialized digital camera.

Using a scanner to make a print introduces a disparate set of skills and tools and problems that have no bearing on analog photography.