You will need holders. I have a beautiful old Sanderson I purchased in London in 1974; I also got some of what they call book-type holders. Very nicely made of wood, they open like a book. I think, without measuring, that the camera is quarter plate (the old sizes were in "plate", 1/2 plate, 1/4 etc. You can look i up easily. Mine is close to 8X10. I never got around to using it, it is a fine decorative piece with beautiful red bellows on a tripod which came with the camera and fits into a brass eing which then acts as a pan head. Mine came with an interesting wind-up curtain shutter that clamps on the lens barrel. I'm not into using old stuff, just admiring it.